Child’s Play are very aware of the COVID-19 Coronavirus situation and we want to reassure you that your children are in a safe environment.
We are reinforcing onsite hygiene as part of our programme – our focus, keeping our community safe.
This will include
- Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after eating, after helping children blow their noses, as well as after using the washroom.
- Reminder and practise to cover coughs and sneezes with clean tissues or into the elbow, followed up with washing hands and sometimes arms for 20 seconds, using soap and water. Putting tissues into the garbage.
- After assisting in cleaning up a child in any way, we ensure that we wash our hands for at least 20 seconds
- Staff, children and even parents are to stay home and not visit the program if they are unwell (e.g. cold or flu like symptoms)
- Should a child start to exhibit symptoms during our program, we would isolate the child in a comfortable area and immediately call parents
- Should we run out of food prep gloves, and unable to source a new supply, we will suspend any serving of snack – we will advise you as soon as we are able to
Our advice during such a time of uncertainty is to provide your child with normal routines. Research and experience from other crisis situations show this approach is a highly effective support for children during a time of stress.
We will continue to monitor the situation, and as always work alongside our school community to keep our community safe.